Restoring Relationships

Day 27

I am very blessed to have my sister back at home with us. Without going into too much details, last year was a rough year for us. I hardly saw her or hung out with her...we barely talked, we drifted far apart, fought A LOT, and couldn't stand to be in the same room together without fighting. It would get ugly within minutes of talking to each other. Never would I have thought my own sister would tell me that she had always hated me and would rather choose her boyfriend over me in a heartbeat. This is my twin sister. The person I shared a sack with in my mother's womb.

We grew up inseparable. We were always together: playing volleyball, going to church, hanging out with friends, dinner dates with each other, shopping...etc. We wouldn't go one day without talking on the phone with each other. I guess when my sister moved to Atlanta, it really made us a lot closer. Last year after our BIG fight (stupid fight, really) we didn't talk to each other at all. When people asked me how my sister was going, I often lied to people saying that she was doing "great" when I really didn't know how she was doing at all.

The last big fight that took place, my sister said some really hurtful things to me. To hear her say she had always hated me and would rather choose a guy over me...really speared my heart.  I have always been there for my sister and have always loved her...how could she feel this way about me??

She wasn't there to see to how mine and Brandon's relationship evolved. I didn't even want to talk to her about Brandon because she was always so judgmental about all the guys I dated. There were so many times I wanted to call her and tell her about this wonderful boyfriend that I'm dating. But, no phone was made...both ways. It hurt me to see that our relationship ended up this way. Her choosing a stupid boy over me.

[Fast Forward]
Distance, time, forgiveness, praying and healing is helping restore our relationship. Though, our relationship isn't 100% the way it use to be...I pray that one day it would be stronger than what it use to be. And who knows...one day we will look back and question why we even fought in the first place.

I miss my sister, Houa. No...not Kiki. I really miss spending time with her.

Comments

Popular Posts