Day 17: Love Language


Have you read the book or taken the quiz: The Five Love Languages? If not, you can take the test here. If you're not a fan of reading, you can the test to find out what your love language is. Often times, couples break up because they don't understand or acknowledge their significant other's love language. If you're in a relationship, I highly encourage you and your s/o take this test so you both can better understand each other's love language.

Andrew's love language is quality time. My love language tied between physical touch and quality time. 'Acts of services' follows closely behind, then words of affirmation. Leaving gifts the bottom of the totem pole. However, I still feel like the other love language shouldn't be left out. I know without a doubt, Andrew will always be there for me. Regardless of what we are doing, he enjoys that time spent with me. One thing I liked about Andrew, was that he always made the effort to spend time with me. I never had to guess if I was going to see him that weekend, because he made me a priority to do so.

However, to get him to tell me something sweet, or buy me flowers on a random Tuesday, or cook me dinner...it will never happen. For the longest time, I struggled with this. Especially early on in our relationship. I had doubts that the relationship would work, because he wasn't sweet or romantic enough. Blah blah blah. I still struggle with this, because I feel that the "little things" still matter to me. So, should I just accept his loyalty to me and be happy about it? Or should he learn to do the sweet and romantic stuff for me too?

Comments

Popular Posts