Fair-Weathered Friends

Day 26
Finally, after days of rain and dreary clouds...the sun decided to peak out. I like sunny days. I don't like cold and rainy days like it's been the last couple of days.

Who likes rainy days ALL the time anyway? You know where I'm going with this...don't you?

I know life won't always bring you sunshine every day. There will be times that we will have our rainy/cloudy days. I have a friend, who happens to have cloudy (bad) day...EVERY day. It has come to the point where I am emotionally drained from having to listen to one problem to the next. I don't want to be a fair-weathered friend and only stay around when things are going great in this person's life. But everyday is the same reoccurring problems....going on 2 years now!!

I like this friend when things are going great. It's fun, we get along perfectly well, and we have a lot in common. But the minute this person opens up about their problems...I grow numb. I listen and give advice. Nothing seems to help. It's draining having to repeat myself over and over again...especially when this friend doesn't take my advice.

It has affected my relationship with Brandon. He has to hear me complain about this person all the time. How do you know when to say, "Enough...is enough!"  Would I be a bad friend to end this friendship? Help!

Comments

Popular Posts