Lucky

Day 52

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend....

He really is my best friend. We started off as friends. I met him two years ago...and the first thing that stood out for me was his height. If you haven't seen my boyfriend in person...you will be shocked the first time you see him. He's not as tall as those basketball players. But he is a foot and a half taller than me. He's 6'6. I'm barely 5'1. Who would have thought that opposites attract?

Being strictly friends really helped evolve our relationship. For a whole year, I got to see who he was without developing any feelings for him. I kept saying, "Man, this boy is such a sweetheart. I should find someone  nice for him." It never crossed my mind to ever date him. He was just this shy boy at the gym who I would occasionally chat with.

Friends first and then a relationship.Who would have known that I would have fallen for my best friend?! I certainly didn't. What about you? Did the "friends first" work for you and your significant other? Or was it an instant attraction for you guys?

Comments

Popular Posts