Valentine's Day - Pub Style Chicken

Day 44

This is mine and Brandon's first Valentine's celebration. He surprised me at work with a beautiful bouquet of flowers that consisted of tulips and lilies. Oh, this boy knows me too well....

He knows I don't like roses. It's not that they're ugly. They're just tooo cliche. Of course...almost every female in my company who received flowers, received roses. But not me. My boyfriend was smart!

Anyways, as a gift to my love...I cooked him a recipe given to me from a co-worker. It's a Publix recipe: Pub Style Chicken. Brandon LOVED it. I wasn't too crazy about it. It was just okay for me. It tasted too "Teriyaki" for my liking. And if you know me...I'm not a fan of Teriyaki sauce. Blech. I plan to perfect it the next time we have our family dinner. Here's the recipe if you would like to try it:

Ingredients
3 oz reduced-fat jalapeƱo Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup light soy sauce (We used regular soy sauce)
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 (5-oz) packages fresh pre-sliced onions (4 cups)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup garlic pepper crispy onions
1/4 cup refrigerated Caesar dressing
1/4 cup light honey mustard dressing

Prep
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Shred cheese (1 cup).
Steps
1.      Combine soy sauce, molasses, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; place mixture in bag and add chicken, turning to coat. Let stand 10 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
2.      Toss fresh onions with oil, salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place onions in 13- x 9-inch baking dish; top with chicken. Bake 20–25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
3.      Top chicken with crispy onions and cheese; bake 2–3 more minutes or until cheese melts
4. Combine both dressings; microwave on HIGH 20-30 seconds or until hot. Drizzle sauce over chicken and service

Ok...although the last part sounds nasty, my co-workers said that the dressing is the key ingredient to the recipe not tasting too salty or Teriyaki flavored. I left that part out...and that is probably why I didn't like it as much. I shall try this again....


Ok...I know it looks tacky. But my boyfriend requested Tater tots and Mac-n-cheese. See kids, this why you learn to eat your vegetables at a young age.

Comments

Popular Posts