Day 26: Road Trip

Today we drove to Tuscaloosa, Alabama for a mini vacation. My idea of a vacation doesn't involve Alabama. However, but it was going to be my very first Alabama game.

The drive there was good, but long. We encountered construction traffic, which set us back an hour. I saw a huge field of cotton plants. It was so beautiful and I wanted Andrew to pull over so that we can take pictures. But he was too much in a hurry to get to Alabama, that he suggested for us to take it on the way back home.

Andrew and I have been together for a year now, and this is out very first time ever going out to a bar together. I had a blast! We first encountered an issue with some dumb kids trying to cut us. We had been waiting for about 20-30 minutes and we had barely gotten on the midway point to the stairs to this rooftop bar. And here comes these dumb kids feeling entitled to cut everyone because one of them had to go pee. Everyone was yelling at them. They reached the top of the line, however, the bouncers made them go back to the end of the line. Their walk of shame was funny. One of the girls was like, "You guys don't have to be so mean!" Andrew shouted, "Well, next time don't cut in line"

Anyway, we finally get up to the bar. The music was loud. The crowd was YOUNG. LOL. It's a college town. I'm 10 years older than most of these kids. We met up with his friend, Cameron and his girlfriend Courtney. They're a great couple. And Cameron is a good friend. I'm glad Andrew has a good friend like him.

The music kind of sucked. The DJ played remixed songs, but it was more of house/EDM music. However, I did have fun dancing with Andrew. I hope after tonight, he will go out with me to a bar again.





Comments

Popular Posts