Day 26: Roll Tide

Today was my very first Alabama game. And it was a big game against a rival team, Louisiana State University (LSU). Surprisingly, there were hardly any LSU fans. I have never seen anything like this before. A whole town where everything is geared towards Alabama. Athens, GA is a college town, but it is nothing compared to he University of Alabama. I love that the culture there is geared towards Alabama (specifically their football team).

We were out drinking from 1 pm until when the game started at 7 pm. I didn't want to get too drunk, because I wanted to be conscious for the game. It was a beautiful day and the atmosphere was infectious. I was getting so pumped for the game. And ummm, I didn't realize the dress code was club gear. I wasn't sure if I was at a club or a football game. Some girls came there with clothes barely covering them, heeled boots, make-up plastered on their face. Andrew told me to dress comfortably, because we were going to be out for 10 hours. I originally wore my sister's new dress. However, it got warm and I was scared to get it dirty. So, after an hour, I changed into shorts and tee shirt.  I'm so glad I wore sandals, because I would have died in my heeled boots.

Anyway, it was a tough game to watch because Alabama's offense wasn't doing well. However, they did end up beating LSU (27-10). I can't wait for my next Alabama game. :)











Comments

Popular Posts