Scamming the Scammer

I hardly browse Facebook anymore, but when I do log on I scroll for 5 minutes and then log off due to boredom. So the other day when I opened the Facebook app, I noticed my sister commented on a post. The words "Scammer" stood out and I immediately took a screen shot and sent it to my 'sisters chat' for a good laugh. My sister explained that a while back, she noticed fake profiles on event pages selling fake tickets...so she takes it upon herself to call out these scammers on their posts. LOL.

And then I thought to myself, why don't I mess with them too?!?! I LOVE watching videos on YouTube where people scam the scammer. I wanted in on that fun!

So here's where it all started...
Scrolling through Facebook and this is one of the first things I see. NOTE: The post originally had the word "concert." However, it looks like they edited their post after my sister called them out. LOL.


I decided to message a couple of accounts from the Jo Koy event page by asking, "How much for the tickets?" I had a couple of responses, but Marcus Elizabeth was the most fun to mess with. LOL.

First of all, the first RED flag is the fact that the profile picture is of a woman and her son, but the name of the account is Marcus Elizabeth. 


Like Dang! How many other show tickets do you have?

At this point, I didn't want to name a specific event because I wanted to see how crafty these scam artists are. So I decided to pick an artist who hasn't toured in years...Justin Bieber. LOL. 

I meant to say, "I don't know what* other information you need."



I was like, Ohhh shoot! How does he know I'm from Georgia? 





One thing I learned from the YouTube videos, is play hard to get. I wanted to make this guy work for my "fake" money. LOL.








WOW! Just look at how desperate he is for this! 

So apparently, this is what these scammers do: they ask you for the event details and the event picture. Then they create fake tickets with fake seating to scam you. Soooo...this is why I did the below screenshot. LOL

I meant anymore* and it* (sorry so many typos I was too excited!! LOL)


This fool was so desperate, he called me twice. I just watched it ring. Then I wanted to be rude to him. LOL.







At this point, I'm like dude...where's my fake ticket! I really wanted to see if he was going to create a fake Justin Bieber ticket.

The part where he says "smiles" LOLOLOLOLOL

Friends: Please be aware of RED FLAGS like this. A common scam going around is asking for Amazon gift cards.


I mentioned Texas, because I was throwing him off of where I live. 


His response below....he's trying to act like a victim. LOL. Plus I knew he was trying to dodge sending me a ticket, because he would suspect that I wouldn't think it's real. 



At this point, I had a choice to just end it and block it. But no...I wanted to go further by saying I did have an Amazon gift card. 




Almost 5 hours have past and I hadn't responded. I purposely made him wait. But also during this time, I was browsing Google for a "Screw you Scammer" meme to send to him. But I couldn't find one that didn't have cuss words and or a middle finger. LOL. I even asked my sister and Andrew to help find something funny to send him. 




I found the Amazon gift card image on Google. I'm thankful people post stuff like that so I can use it for scamming Scammers. LOL

Okay...so I couldn't find any family-friendly meme to send him, so I created my own. LOL. 



THE END!!!









Comments

Popular Posts