Crockpot Creamed Corn

My mom decided she wanted to cook a turkey for family lunch on a March afternoon. She was going to cook it the way she normally does for Thanksgiving: Tender and juicy and soooooooo delicious! I wanted to pair a side dish that would complement my mom's delicious turkey. 

So, it was Pinterest to the rescue!! After browsing for an hour, I found two different creamed corn recipes that I really liked. I liked the ingredients for one of the recipes more, but I didn't like that it required me to stand in front of the stove. I knew it was a Saturday lunch and I didn't want to wake up early to cook (which I ended up doing anyways, since I couldn't sleep in). 

Here's the Joua Mua version of Creamed corn:

Ingredients: 
10 slices of traditional bacon
3 (16oz) bags of frozen sweet corn 
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
1 (8oz) block of cream cheese, cut into 6 pieces
1 stick of butter, cut into tablespoons
1 stem of thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
1 tablespoon sugar 
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

Directions:
1. Cook bacon according to your liking. I place my bacon on a baking sheet and bake them at 375 degrees for 13-14 mins (Flip at the 7 minute mark). Drain on a paper towel and then crumble (I used a knife to cut them into small bacon bites). 

2. In a slow cooker, add corn, 3/4 of the cooked bacon, heavy cream, water, sugar, and then season with salt and pepper. [I eyeballed my salt and pepper. Sorry! But if it helps, don't over-salt it. You can always add more towards the end]. Stir until combined.

3. Top with cream cheese and butter (DO NOT STIR! Leave it on top)

4. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 6 hours, stirring well after 1 hour. 

6. Garnish with the remaining 1/4 of the cooked bacon and green onions before serving. Enjoy!!!




Comments

Popular Posts